Verona Aquatic Facility Rules
Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or an open cut.
Do not swim if you are ill with diarrhea or have had diarrhea within the past two weeks.
Do not bring food, drink, gum or tobacco into the pool
Showers are required before entering the pool and after use of toilet facilities
Do not run or engage in rough play in the pool area.
Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a responsible person 15 year of age or older
Swimmers under the age of 14 must pass a swim test on site to be allowed in the deep end.
Only strong swimmers are allowed in the deep end.
No Long-term breath holding is permitted, Do not play breath-holding games.
Do not bring animals into the pool area.
Do not swallow or spit water;
Only Coast Guard Approved floatation Devices are allowed.
Diaper changing on the deck is prohibited.
Glass and shatterable objects are prohibited in the pool area.
Non−toilet−trained individuals are required to wear swim diapers.
Guests must wear swimming related clothing when in the pool.
Cell phones are not allowed in the locker rooms or bathrooms.
Guests with long hair must have it tied up or wear a swim cap.
- No outside shoes allowed on the pool deck.
Anything that threatens the safety of the swimmers, other guests or the Aquatic Facilities is prohibited.
Failure to adhere to safety rules or follow Aquatic Staff instructions will result in loss of Pool privileges.
Verona Open Swim Rules
- No walking on the deck with fins (flippers).
- No throwing torpedoes above the water.
- No hanging on the lane lines or ropes.
- Kickboards and other floatables stay on top of the water.
Verona Diving Safety Rules
The swim test administered for children 12 and under in order to use the diving well is as follows:
Swim 25 yards non-stop front crawl with your head in the water using rhythmic breathing. Starting at the 7ft side of the lane and ending at the 3ft part of the lane. You can have two chances to do the test in one day.
- No head first entries into water less than 5 feet deep.
- Do not run on the Diving Board.
- One bounce only. (except during diving team practice)
- Do not dive off the side of the diving board.
- One person on the board at a time
- No Hanging off of the end or the side of the diving board
- No one in the diving well when someone is going off of the diving board
Verona Water Basketball Safety Rules
- Do not hang on the water basketball net or rim.
- Do not shoot the ball from the pool deck
Verona Monofin and Mermaid Tail Safety Rules
- Monofin can be used during lap swim and open swim times.
- Children under 15 must have completed level 6 swimming lessons in order to use monofins/mermaid tails during open swim.
- Anyone over the age of 15 must pass a swimming test before using monofins/mermaid tails in the facility. (Swim test - Swim freestyle 50 meters without stopping with head in the water and rhythmic breathing. Be able to easily swim from freestyle to backstroke without touching the bottom)