Water Safety Instructor - WSI
You must create an account in order to register.
The Water Safety Instructor, also known as WSI™, course trains instructor candidates to teach all of the courses presented in the Swimming and Water Safety program to all age groups.This course is a blended class of approximately 7 hours online and 24 hours in person. The purpose of this course is to teach people how to be safe in, on and or around water and to teach people of all ages and varying abilities how to swim.
Water Safety Instructors will learn how to teach:
- Higher-level swim skills that help prepare people of all ages for any aquatic activity.
- Stroke mechanics for all competitive strokes as well as starts, turns and headfirst entries.
- Water safety certification courses, including Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Basic Water Rescue.
- Fundamentals of diving from a diving board.
- Aquatic fitness and training for people of any age.